Phase ⅼ - Orientation
This phase is for individuals to come out of their crisis situations and become acclimated to the shelter environment. During this phase, basic needs are met.
Phase ⅼⅼⅼ - Special Services
Phase ⅼⅼⅼ offers specialized services to enhance progress achieved during the Emergency Phase.
The goal of Phase Phase ⅼⅼⅼ is to identify barriers to self-sufficiency and to discover strengths to achieve stabilization by continued:
- Domestic violence intervention services
- Chemical dependency addiction services referral
- Medical service referrals
- Specialized groups – childhood issues, grief and loss, relationships, spirituality, etc.
- Intermediate life skills training
- Budgeting, self-esteem, conflict resolution, parenting, legal issues, etc.
- Relapse prevention
- Housing and employment advocacy
- Rapid Re-housing case-management
Phase Ⅴ - Outreach/Non-Residential
Outreach Services provides the vital link for victims in the community to access services offered by OASIS and other resources available in the community.
The goal of Outreach Services is to provide assistance to victims of domestic violence and their children in the seven-county area of Daviess, Hancock, Henderson, McLean, Ohion, Union and Webster, by offering:
- Information and referrals
- 24-hour toll free crisis line
- Shelter and/or chemical dependency services
- Advocacy – Legal, agency, medical
- Children’s program
- Group and individual counseling
- Support and follow-up services
- Community Education
- Outreach offices in Henderson, Ohio, Union and Webster Counties
Phase ⅼⅼ - Safety & Structure
Safety & Recovery
Phase I offers structured individual and group work in a safe and nurturing environment to facilitate change for the individual and family.
The goal of the Phase I is to provide the opportunity and resources for women and children to move from the crisis situation.
- Emergency shelter
- Domestic violence crisis intervention
- Referral for treatment of substance abuse
- Assessment of mental health issues
- Advocacy – Legal, Medical, Agency
- Domestic violence and substance abuse education
- Basic life skills – parenting, nutrition, problem-solving
Phase ⅼⅤ - Aftercare
The goal of the Aftercare Phase is to provide the opportunity and resources to achieve family self-sufficiency through personal responsibility by:
- Strengthening safe, healthy, family relationships
- Maintaining safety and/or sobriety
- Engaging in training opportunities
- Integrating academic, vocational and employment goals
- Securing permanent housing
- Re-entering independent living
As families transition into the community, the Aftercare Phase is provided through Outreach Services.
For more information on services and programming provided by OASIS, please call:
(270) 685-0260 or 1-800-88ABUSE (1-800-882-2873)